COMMERCIAL GYM EQUIPMENT LEASING. COMMERCIAL GYM


Commercial gym equipment leasing. Handicap hunting equipment. Playground equipment flying fox.



Commercial Gym Equipment Leasing





commercial gym equipment leasing






    equipment leasing
  • Leasing is a process by which a firm can obtain the use of a certain fixed assets for which it must pay a series of contractual, periodic, tax deductible payments. The lessee is the receiver of the services or the assets under the lease contract and the lessor is the owner of the assets.

  • Contracting to pay monthly fees to use equipment, instead of buying it.

  • (Equipment Leases) Leases allowing companies to purchase new equipment.





    commercial
  • connected with or engaged in or sponsored by or used in commerce or commercial enterprises; "commercial trucker"; "commercial TV"; "commercial diamonds"

  • The typographic character @, called the at sign or at symbol, is an abbreviation of the word at or the phrase at the rate of in accounting and commercial invoices (e.g. "7 widgets @ $2 = $14"). Its most common modern use is in e-mail addresses, where it stands for "located at".

  • Concerned with or engaged in commerce

  • Making or intended to make a profit

  • a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television

  • Having profit, rather than artistic or other value, as a primary aim





    gym
  • A gymnasium

  • A membership organization that provides a range of facilities designed to improve and maintain physical fitness and health

  • gymnasium: athletic facility equipped for sports or physical training

  • The word ????????? (gymnasion) was used in Ancient Greece, meaning a locality for both physical and intellectual education of young men (see gymnasium (ancient Greece)).

  • Peep Show is an award-winning British sitcom that stars David Mitchell and Robert Webb and broadcast on Channel 4. The series is written by Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain.

  • Physical education











Young Men's Institute Building




Young Men's Institute Building





The Bowery, Chinatown, New York City, New York, United States

This 1884-1885 building, the first branch erected by the New York City YMCA Board of Directors, is the sole survivor of New York's nineteenth-century YMCA branches and the major surviving New York City work of architect Bradford L. Gilbert. This building originally housed the Young Men's Institute, a membership organization intended to promote the physical, intellectual, and spiritual health of young working men in the densely crowded Bowery.

The five-story Queen Anne style building has a largely intact facade, which is asymmetrically organized with a recessed entry at the south bay; a rusticated sandstone base with segmental arches; a mid-section featuring giant pilasters framing a double-story arcade with recessed metal-enframed windows; and a top section crowned by a slate-covered mansard roof pierced by two dormers. The larger dormer has a pediment with terra-cotta decoration surrounding the commencement date, 1884. In 1915 the firm of Parish & Schroeder renovated the three lower stories at the rear for an enlarged gymnasium, new shower and locker room, and a swimming pool.

The YMCA left the building in 1932, and it has since become studio/residential space for artists, many of whom are world renowned, and it houses a teaching and meditation center for a community of Tibetan Buddists.

DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS

The Young Men's Institute Branch of the YMCA, 1884-1932'

The wide avenue called the Bowery (Dutch for farm), an entry road into downtown New York, was lined with inns, taverns and shops along its route from Cooper Square to Chatham Square near City Hall. It was called "thieves' highway" by Jacob Riis, the nineteenth-century photographer/ journalist, who described "swarms" of young men "fresh from good homes," with hopes, but not much money, who gravitated to the Bowery with its twenty-five-cent lodging houses.

Riis estimated that more than nine thousand homeless young men lodged nightly on or near the Bowery. YMCA records stated that to reach young men who "were not yet hardened," the organization established a Bowery Branch; the upper four floors of 243 Bowery (stili standing) were leased in 1882, and this space provided reading and meeting rooms and lodging accommodations for sixty.2

William E. Dodge, a director of the YMCA, had helped finance the Bowery Branch, and his son Cleveland, two years out of college, became its chairman in 1881, serving until 1884, when he became the first Chairman of the Young Men's Institute.3 In 1885 Cleveland H. Dodge described the establishment of the Young Men's Institute.

The Bowery Branch has long done a noble work, in reaching and helping fallen and destitute men. Being distinctly a relief work, from the very nature of the case, it has not been able to reach the larger class of hard-working independent young men. There has therefore, long been a need in that part of the city for an attractive building, in which to help this latter class to a full and wholesome development. The Association bought the two lots, 222 and 224 Bowery, in June, 1882. Money was raised for a building in the winter of 1884, and on the 1st of July ground was broken. In about a year the building was ready for occupancy. The name Young Men's Institute was chosen to distinguish it effectively from the Bowery Branch ... On the 15th of October the building was opened.4

The concept of a building where inner-city men could fraternally enjoy athletic, social and intellectual rapport was innovative, and the Institute Branch, the first branch building erected by the Board of Directors, is the first manifestation in New York of what would be the modern YMCA.5

Architect Bradford L. Gilbert had been introduced to the Committee of Management of the Bowery Branch in February 1883, by Chairman Cleveland Dodge. Gilbert presented his design for the proposed new Bowery building to the YMCA Board of Directors meeting on April 21, 1884, on the recommendation of Vice-President Cornelius Vanderbilt II.6 Vanderbilt was an enthusiastic member of the Directors' committee that named the new building, and at their meeting on January 19, 1885 "after a lengthened consultation, on motion of Mr. Vanderbilt, the new Building was named The Young Men's Institute."

In his first annual report to the YMCA Directors, Cleveland H. Dodge described the aim of the Institute ~ to provide for the physical, intellectual and spiritual health of its members. He reported that the gymnasium and its calisthenic classes were fully functioning; that the Institute held such weekly cultural events as lectures, concerts, and debates, as well as "entertainments" accompanied by the Institute's own orchestra and glee club. The circulating library had a thousand volumes, and six educational classes had beeen initiated — free-hand, mechanical and architectural drawing, bookkeeping, pensmanship and arithmetic.











commercial gym equipment leasing







Similar posts:

outdoor audio equipment

circuit test equipment

beauty salon equipment china

nomar towing equipment

heavy equipment operation school

farm equipment guide

safety equipment sports



tag : commercial gym equipment leasing miniature farm grocery auction

: Category: None : Comments : 0 : Trackbacks : 0
Pagetop
« Previous page  HOME  Next page »

Profile

and fishing equipment

Author:and fishing equipment
Welcome to FC2!

Latest comments

Latest trackbacks

Monthly archive

Search form